Wednesday was a good day:
* Little G's first morning at 'big school'. He was so happy trotting off, not giving me a backward glance. His brother was very proud of him in his new school uniform! My baby boy all grown up.
* a wonderfully clean house and pile of freshly ironed clothes after my cleaner had been. I am sooooo enjoying having a cleaner again!
* had this little lot was delivered, ready to make a chunky blanket for snuggling under in front of the telly, inspired by Kate's blanket at Just Pootling
* I am loving the beautiful September we have been having. Wednesday was a particularly lovely day - just a few puffs of white clouds. I sat in the garden in the evening sun at about 6.30pm. Baby E was asleep in her pram on the patio, Little G was chilling in front of the telly while his big brother was at football training. I actually read some of the weekend papers for 10mins, basking in the warm sun before it went down behind the trees.
* Baby E was a dream baby on Wednesday. Having done an enormous, leaking, complete-change-of-clothes-required nappy in the morning, she was super-happy and chilled out the rest of the day. She gave her first proper chuckle - one of those heart-melting, bubbly, belly chuckles that babies do which make you want to laugh along with them. Thankfully it was in response to Daddy being silly but I was also stood right next to them. So much nicer for us both to witness it, and for it to be caused by Daddy, as he misses so much of the good stuff when he is at work all day.
* leftover apple & blackberry crumble, eaten cold, whilst watching the Great British Bake Off - delicious! Followed by some crochet in front of GBBO. Most evenings are filled with a cycle of feeding and rocking Baby E to sleep, but she was so chilled yesterday that she dozed or sat happily in her bouncy chair all evening, so it was a rare treat indeed for me!
Yesterday? Not such a good day....but I'll say no more about that!
Have a lovely weekend!